New guy in Sacramento, CA

5 Replies

Hi, new to the site, but have a little experience so far. My wife and I have a house we've been renting out for 2 years and are about to close on a duplex.

For now, we're looking to get the best return on the properties we have. We paid cash for what we have now, but in another year or two, I hope to talk my wife into using leverage to improve our return.

Long term, I might like to move on to apartments and/or flipping. We fixed up and almost re-sold the house, but held on to it for now. I'm good with the financials (engineering major, econ minor), handy, and enjoy researching properties and working on the stuff that doesn't require a license, so flipping is a good personality fit. But, I don't have the time now, with young kids and my day job.

I signed up to learn ways to better manage what we have and hopefully make good decisions on future investments.

Promotion
Ashcroft Capital
A national multifamily investment firm
Three Reasons Investors May Prefer Real Estate
Read three reasons why investing in real estate private placements may provide several advantages.
Read More Here

Welcome Jeremy!  Let me know if you're looking for a wholesaler in the sacramento area.  I'll add you to my list and let you know if any properties that match your criteria! 

Hello Jeremy, I'm new to the forum as well and just down 99 from you in Modesto, CA. I'm a previous General Contractor turned Emergency Room RN, and my wife is both a Realtor and Mortgage Lender. We've flipped homes in the past, and built on Spec. Best of luck too you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you