Votes
Charles Curameng
  • Honolulu, HI
Votes |
New member. Aloha from Honolulu

Charles Curameng
  • Honolulu, HI
Posted Aug 10 2016, 17:24
My name is Charles and I would like to say hello and introduce myself to the Bigger Pockets community. Got my feet wet back in the early 90s. It was a small 3 bedroom one bath single family lakefront with a large backyard in Orlando Florida. Learned how to rehab from working at an apartment complex painting and doing minor handyman jobs. The house was about to be demolished and was abandoned by my family but the payments were kept up. I rehabbed the home but it took me the better part of four years because I was fo acing my project with minimum wage earnings. When it was finished all the neighbors came to congratulate me on making the house look the best it had looked ever. Family members were now interested in the place. Naturally My mother rented it out for several years. Next my sister and her opportunistic husband talked my mother into selling the home to them for little profit. Soon after that happens the market crashed. By then I thought my dream as a real estate investor and house flipper was long dead. I had no clue how to raise any capital to start with another project. To top it all off the market crashes in 2008-09. Only until today I have been led back by a series of incidental situation. I feel I finally will have my second wind after 20 years. Am happy to have found this site and forum and I enjoy knowing I am a part of a great community that shares in my original life dream. I am seeking mentoring and am shooting for a chance to learn from Phil Pustejovsky. Thank you for reading and feel free to drop me a line if there is anything I can help with at all. Good luck to all and I look forward to keeping up with everyone. Mahalo

Loading replies...