Iowa Investor in the House!!

Iowa Investor in the House!!

Member since 2009 · 12 posts · 6 votes

Hey everyone,

I wanted to take the time to introduce myself to the Biggerpockets community! I have been lurking on this website for some time now and I can say that I truly believe that it is great to be a part of a community that shares so freely. Being from Iowa, it is very hard to find real estate investment clubs in my area and I think this site will help close a little bit of that void.

Why am I here? Well, I want to use real estate investment as a means to create a passive income and wealth for myself and my family. I also find real estate investing to be the most dynamic and exciting way to spend my time. I cant get enough of it ,which is probably a common theme around this forum.

I am currently in a sales position and work non-standard hours and know that this is my biggest challenge. I have a law degree and bar membership as well (practiced for awhile, but was not my cup of tea!!) Too much research, writing and desk sitting for me!

I am actively involved in pursuing lease options and also am interested in, but have not done, sub2 to lease option strategies. You could say I am interested 1) generating cash and 2) putting that cash in a cash flow producing property, but I am still in the generating cash mode and business construction phase.

I would love to hear how others got to where they are and I will be providing help to others whenever I can.

Reap, then sow.

John N

0Reply
18 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    17y

    Thanks for the great, detailed introduction, John and welcome to the BiggerPockets family. I hope you enjoy spending some time here with us and find that the site is a valuable resource for your needs.

    Best,
    Josh

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    17y

    John, Welcome to BP

    I know someone who knows a thing or two about Sub2's and Lease/Options

    Look forward to your posts

  • Member since 2009 · 12 posts · 6 votes
    17y

    Thanks for the replies Josh and Nick!

    I think its pretty cool to have successful investors replying to the intros of new members! I definitely will remember that when others come aboard, thanks so much!

    Nick, I know you know alot about Sub2's and Lease options As a matter of fact, your posting about how you wouldnt even speak with someone unless they had a picture and some postings really got me off the fence and involved. I see you have helped others on here because I am sure you were helped by others on your way up as well!

    Wow, just saw you own the domain Subject2 Nick, pretty impressive! If you need help on some SEO stuff, I know a few people who are some of the absolute best in the industry, and they live right here in Iowa!!!

    Josh, you got a great thing going here man. I'll contribute when I can and hopefully help some people out on the way.

    Great quote from Napoleon Hill describing the "real Napoleon" Bonaparte.
    When told by his commanding officer that "Sir, I dont think we should attack tomorrow morning the circumstances are not right"....Napoleon responded..."Circumstances?...hell, i make Circumstances....ATTACK...ATTACK..."

    Time to attack.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 43 votes
    17y

    Hi John,

    Welcome to the group! You'll find BP ending up on you daily "To Do", list. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.