• Real Estate Investor
  • Peoria, AZ
Votes |
New Member from Arizona

Bob Martin
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Peoria, AZ
Posted Nov 3 2016, 10:35

I'm a retired accountant that has been interested in tax liens for over a dozen years. At one time I worked part time selling Arizona tax lien investment opportunities to small pension funds. This was when we could get the 16% interest in Arizona. We were able to offer the pension plans a very nice return and were able to earn a nice management fee. Then the Hedge Funds and Banks et al forced down the interest rates to the point the business could not make a profit. I stayed away except for teaching my sons to invest on a small scale. Every six months or so I would google tax liens and see if I could find something interesting. I notice a number of tax lien funds looking for investors offering about 5% APR. Not too bad in today's market. Then I found an group that would purchase tax liens for me and do all the work. Their fees are small enough that I would still make a ROI much greater than buying liens in Arizona at the going rate. They also do repairs and sell homes that you aquire through their purchases. They also offer tax sales opportunities. My goal now is to increase my bank account so I can make the minimum investment requirement. I am joining some Investment clubs in Arizona hoping to form a small partnership for that goal.

Loading replies...