Votes
Neil Hatton
  • Calgary, Alberta
Votes |
New member from Calgary, Alberta

Neil Hatton
  • Calgary, Alberta
Posted Nov 14 2016, 19:40

Hello. I first became interested in real estate investing when I heard a radio ad about how to flip houses. This is what I would call my first mistake as I ponied up and spent some money for a 3 day seminar on how to flip houses for profit. As I was waiting for this seminar to start, days away from when I slapped my hard earned coin down, I found you could get a lot of information on the internet. That's when I found BiggerPockets. This was a game changer. I looked around the site, read some books offered here and elsewhere. What I learned while waiting for this seminar to start was outstanding. Ironically enough, for the most part what was said at the seminar was just what I had already learned. There was some things I had not come across as yet, they really glossed over this stuff, and this spurned me on to learn more. Of course this all was just to get you into slapping down more money for the real course they offered. 

As it stands now I am a newbie in this profession. I am interested in starting out wholesaling and then moving into buy and hold to create passive income not only for me but for my family. I do have a great career that pays above average but, this will not be the end all when it comes to retirement, even tho there is a pension plan in place. 

My future plans are to build a thriving business that I can bring my daughters into and leave with them.

Thank you

Cheers 

Neil 

Loading replies...