New investor looking at the KC market

7 Replies

Hi all,

Newbie here -- I've been a forum lurker a bit this week and have also been really enjoying the podcasts. I'm based in Los Angeles but am looking to start a portfolio this year with an income property in the Kansas City (MO) area, like I know many of you have already done.

If anyone has any recommendations re: agents, property management co's and/or contractors, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd also love to connect with other newbie investors / first-timers who are also looking to get into this market. It would be great to connect and share strategies / tips / info.

Thanks everyone!

John

Hi John!

I help many investors who are out of state with their rental property acquisitions. I have a large inventory and know the Kansas City area well. PM and we can further discuss!

Best wishes to you and your future! 

Originally posted by @John Baldino :

Hi all,

Newbie here -- I've been a forum lurker a bit this week and have also been really enjoying the podcasts. I'm based in Los Angeles but am looking to start a portfolio this year with an income property in the Kansas City (MO) area, like I know many of you have already done.

If anyone has any recommendations re: agents, property management co's and/or contractors, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd also love to connect with other newbie investors / first-timers who are also looking to get into this market. It would be great to connect and share strategies / tips / info.

Thanks everyone!

John

Hello!

Welcome to BP! This is a great place to get started. Best of luck to you out there in CA!

@John Baldino , welcome to the forums! I just had coffee a few days ago with a fellow investor from San Diego.  Brave souls to venture out here to the land of the cold.   My wife and I are agents however, we aren't currently bringing on clients. However, feel free to PM me. I know a couple of good agents, PM companies, contractors, etc... Best of luck to you John! 

@John Baldino I have invested in the Kansas city area since Feb 2014. You can pm me anytime for questions. I can say my biggest problem with out of state investing has been the property management. 

Thanks all, I really appreciate it!

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here