Sean Conklin
  • Modesto, CA
Votes |
10 years too late but better now than never

Sean Conklin
  • Modesto, CA
Posted Mar 15 2017, 15:46

Hi all,

Great to be here. Found this site through Brandon's YouTube videos. 

So I'm in an interesting boat. And while I'm not the type to seek advice on an online forum, this site seems pretty exceptional in that everyone here means business, I like it. I'd have no problem upgrading to Pro too if the networking aspect makes sense. For now though I'll just give a quick summary.

I'm a senior web developer for a couple companies out east. Also own an online business. Work entirely from home so my life is pretty mobile. Other than a few stocks, I have no investments and it's well overdue that I get into the real estate game. Wish I got into it 10 years ago.

I have approx $100k at my disposal to invest. I'm open to all scenarios, whichever ones multiply my money the fastest and to the greatest degree.

I'd like to start investing in the Boise, Idaho area. Literally everyone and their mom is moving out of California and up to places like Idaho. I feel the demand is going to continue up there for a long while.

I also want to find a house up in Idaho for myself. So I kind of have 2 objectives right now:

1) Find a nice place to live for myself, but cheap enough to where I have plenty left over for other investments

2) Figure out an aggressive investing game plan and execute

I have a realtor I've been talking to up in Boise, and I'm dabbling with possibly buying a standard single-family rental or maybe a condo and doing AirB&B with it or something, but I'm just not sure if it's the best route right now. Part of me would like to find someone (perhaps from this community) who is in Boise and needs an investment partner, where we can do aggressive flips etc. Maybe get my feet wet with someone who's been doing it for a while.

That said I welcome the opportunity to learn on my own and may go that route too.

Anyway, figured I might as well post in here since I've been lurking for a while. If anyone has any pointers in general or even particular places I should look at within this site, let me know. Thanks all,

Sean

Loading replies...