• Chicago Heights, IL
Votes |
Newbie in Chicago,IL

Alyse Moore
  • Investor
  • Chicago Heights, IL
Posted Apr 19 2017, 12:23

Hi All!

My name is Alyse. I was born and raised in Chicago,IL and am still here. Full time I’m an Analyst. Right now I’m a newbie investor. I’m actively searching for my first investment, a 3 flat, and hopefully can convert the basement to a unit to make it 4 units.

My “Big Why” with real estate is achieving Financial Freedom and having the option to retire very soon—goal is by age 30. I’m 25 now so I have some time to get there. I found my “Big Why” after getting into the coporate world a few years ago, seeing people getting laid off, and them being terrified for their livelihood due to losing their job. I promised myself I’d never give a company power over my life, so I started looking for ways to make that happen and decided on using real estate as my vehicle to financial freedom.

My goal by age 30 is to have at minimum 100 units, cash flow $200 per door, but the ultimate goal is 200 units. With my first investment I decided to start with a 3 unit building and house hack by living in the basement. I'll be implementing the BRRR strategy to reach my 5 year goal of 200 units along with some creative financing.

I found Bigger Pockets on lurk on the forums, binge on BP podcasts, read as many books as I possibly can, talk with investors in my area and recently started attending seminars. I’m excited to be a part of this community and ready to start actively participating!

Loading replies...