• Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
New Member Living in Texas Investing in Mississippi

Elex Price
  • Investor
  • Dallas, TX
Posted Apr 19 2017, 13:56

Hello BP Community. I'm Elex Price. I am 36 and currently live in Plano, TX and I am starting my investment journey in the Jackson, Mississippi area (Hometown). I have been reading BP for a few months and I have finally got around to introducing myself. I'm a Information Systems Tech at AT&T. Been with the company for about 7 years. 

The last year or so I have been researching financial independence and that lead me to real estate investing and BP. When I first decided to get started in investing I only had a vision for 1 unit with a growth of 1 per year. Reading the forums and listening to the podcast my original goal has changed drastically. As of now my goal is to do 5-10 deals my 1st year. Maybe more. The sky is the limit I see lol.

During my research here on BP I found out that I am house hacking because I currently have a friend who is renting a room in my home. And that friend is also a real estate investor who already has 8 rental units in Mississippi. So I have partnered with him and we have started The Mulberry Group LLC and we are in contract phase for our 1st property in Pearl, MS.

This deal came to us via a Bird Dog. A family was selling a home and it wasn't listed on any of the real estate sites. We made a cash offer that day and we are closing next week pending our contractors viewing the property. I am happy to finally get the ball moving and looking forward to where they journey will lead. 

SideNote: I recently finished Rich Dad Poor Dad, currently reading Think and Grow Rich, and I have Cashflow Quadrant up next. Ordering 3 more books from Barnes and Noble this week.

Loading replies...