Brian Borman
  • Warminster, PA
Votes |
​New Member from the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA

Brian Borman
  • Warminster, PA
Posted May 23 2017, 06:58

Hello Everyone!

A little background on me, I haven't purchased any property before and have only rented in several areas in Southeast PA, currently in Warminster. My career is in computer programming and web development and have already gotten some ideas about how to use those skills in my real estate business. I am currently most interested in the numbers side of real estate, with analysis, accounting, and financing.

My short-term goal is to start with a "house hack" duplex in my area to alleviate rent costs and start directing it into equity. I then hope to use that as a jumping off point for a SFH for my family. Long-term, I have modest goals hoping to manage a handful of rental properties producing "passive" income to help fund an early retirement. With those goals in mind my next step is to continue saving for a few more months (I am on the conservative side) and then finding a real estate agent who is familiar with investment properties in my area.

Currently, my biggest source of hesitation is in being a landlord and property management. I am leaning towards using a property manager, but the additional cut in cash flow gives me reservations. Any resources on this area in particular would be greatly appreciated (either learning how to be a good landlord or how to find and pick a good property manager).

The community, blog, and podcasts here at BP have been a huge help in educating me and I look forward to being more involved over the next few months!

Loading replies...