• Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Hello! New to Real Estate Investing in the Los Angeles Area

Danielle Yerezian
  • Professional
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Jun 29 2017, 10:53

Hi everyone!

My name is Danielle and I live in Los Angeles. I am brand new to real estate investing and am excited to learn! I stumbled upon Bigger Pockets about 3 weeks ago, and have been voraciously listening to the PB podcasts, I read Rich Dad Poor Dad, and went to my first REI meeting in Orange County last week.

I would love to chat with anyone in the Los Angeles and/or Orange County area and learn about their experiences investing in these markets. I am taking the CA real estate salesperson exam shortly, but I'm still in the process of synthesizing my desired niches in REI with my skills and financing options.

For example, it's not possible to buy a duplex for $300,000 (or even close, in most cases) in Los Angeles, not to mention in an area that you could get any desirable tenants afterwards (or would want to live) even if you created a beautiful property from the flip.

I am particularly curious to learn how people have started out in REI here and how they apply the various concepts we hear about on BP because everything is relatively expensive compared to most other areas, so clearly the barrier to entry is higher.

Loading replies...