• West Chester, PA
Votes |
New Member from Garnet Valley, PA

Noah Scott
  • Real Estate Agent
  • West Chester, PA
Posted Jul 24 2017, 15:56

Hello, BiggerPockets Community!

My name is Noah Scott. I'm a 23-year-old small business owner from Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, which is a suburb just outside of Philadelphia. I, along with my business partner, own an independent distributorship. 

I came to join BiggerPockets through my love to read. As cliché as it may seem, after reading Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad Poor Dad" a month ago I decided to find my own path to financial success, apart from my current business venture. I was looking for new podcasts, scrolling through the business category when I just happened to click on the BiggerPockets Podcast (Podcast #228: Partnerships, Landlording, and Getting Started in Real Estate with Meghan McCallum). I listened to it and was hooked. 

It has been less than a month since listening to my first BiggerPockets Podcast, but like many others seem to be I am now HOOKED. I am well aware that real estate investing seems to be the flavor of the month, and I am guilty of being one of the ones that have caught the bug. I plan on being one of the ones that join when it is the flavor of the month but makes it work!

I can proudly say that at the moment I have no experience in real estate investing! Why am I proud of that? Well, I know that will change relatively soon and I look forward to the time where I can look back at this post and see my beginnings.

I have outlined my goals in my member profile, but to recap:  

• Short term (0-3 years):
    • I seek to purchase my first investment in two years (max) time, as I continue to educate myself and learn from those I meet, the BiggerPockets community, and firsthand experience
    • Through experience and education, find my niche
    • Build a team I can be proud of
    • Continue to learn
  • Medium (4-7 years):
    • In 4-6 years time, make real estate investing my top earner and #1 focus
    • Continue to learn
  • Long term (8+ years):
    • Continue to expand operations through buy and hold strategies
    • Create financial security for multiple generations of family
    • Continue to learn

I understand that my goals may seem lofty, or possibly bloated; however, I believe in setting big goals in order to motivate myself.

I look forward to learning, chatting, and growing with you all.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Noah

Loading replies...