New to BP- New Hampshire

8 Replies

Hello! My name is Jaime and I am located in the New Hampshire seacoast area. My knowledge of real estate comes mostly from my mother. She began investing in buy and hold properties, which she rents to college students, in 2012. In June I invested in my first property with my mother. My fiancé and I hope to buy an investment property on our own in the next couple months.
I started listening to the Bigger Pockets Podcasts 2 months ago and have already learned a lot! I currently work in marketing, but my long term goal is to be able to quit my job and be a full time property manager.

Welcome to BiggerPockets @Jaime Basiliere!  Best of luck with your endeavors in purchasing your first investment property and in your goal of working as a property manager.  I work for a fairly large property management company based out of Manchester, so I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about it.  

@Jaime Basiliere I think the type of investment depends less on your experience level and more on the goals you have and the market you're in.  The seacoast can be quite the pricey market, so for first-time investors, you may want to expand your search area a little bit.  You also have to factor in whether you want to be hiring a company to manage your investments or DIY it.  That can make a big difference on location and type of property you're looking to get into.  

@Jaime Basiliere  Hey Jaime and welcome to Bigger Pockets! You stumbled upon one of the best real estate investing sites on the internet! Bigger Pockets is the best way to go when reaching out to experienced investors and getting deals done the right way. Congratulations and I wish you all the best. 

I am in the process of renovating a student rental property I bought about a month ago! Does anyone know of anyone that does wallpaper removal/painting in the Durham NH area?

Hi Jaime, welcome to BP. I work, live, and invest in the seacoast NH area (as well as throughout NH). Let me know if I can help in anyway!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you