• Rental Property Investor
  • Albany, NY
Votes |
New Investor in the Albany, NY area

Jakob Mykytyn
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Albany, NY
Posted Aug 26 2017, 17:50

Hey BiggerPockets! My name is Jake Mykytyn (Don't worry if you can't pronounce my last name because sometimes I can't either). I have been interested in investing for several years now but have only focused on stocks and stock options. I started getting interested in real estate investing only a few months back when I read a book on real estate investing and was instantly hooked. Since then I have read several books and I am making my way through the podcasts on BP. I joined BP after listening to the podcasts when I realized what a great resource they are for everything real estate investing. 

I just graduated college and I started working as a mechanical engineer in Schenectady, NY in July while living near Albany, NY. I am interested in real estate investing as a tool to reach early financial freedom. I don't have much of a passion for a standard 9 to 5 job and am happiest when I have the flexibility to create and work on projects that actually excite me.

At this time I am currently looking for a 2-4 unit building to house hack. I am also interested in sub2 deals and wholesaling. I just started my first direct mail marketing campaign directed towards motivated sellers and I am excited to refine it and learn more about the marketing process through this. 

I am in the process of building my team and I can't wait to meet more of you and interact and grow together! 

Loading replies...