Newbie in Denver, Colorado

10 Replies

Hello BP community! 

I am new to the real estate market but I have a good grasp on the industry. I am currently working on obtaining  associate brokers liscense. I am looking to begin investing in the real estate market here in Colorado. 

I am excited to put my skills to use by hopefully doing a live in flip and creating a process to use on other properties. I would love to meet up with other local investors and gain any knowledge that people have soaked up through their experiences. 

I am thrilled to have found this place and hope I can create some relationships with local and non local people within the community! 

Happy investing! 

Originally posted by @Austin Allan :

Hello BP community! 

I am new to the real estate market but I have a good grasp on the industry. I am currently working on obtaining  associate brokers liscense. I am looking to begin investing in the real estate market here in Colorado. 

I am excited to put my skills to use by hopefully doing a live in flip and creating a process to use on other properties. I would love to meet up with other local investors and gain any knowledge that people have soaked up through their experiences. 

I am thrilled to have found this place and hope I can create some relationships with local and non local people within the community! 

Happy investing! 

Welcome. Start at the beginning with the "ultimate beginners guide". Its under the guides flyout after you pick education in the banner.

Welcome @Austin Allan

Congrats on taking the step to get your license and on pursuing real estate investing. You've come to the right place. Dive in, as @Bill S. said, with the beginner's guide and drop by one of the meetups here in Denver. 

See you around the forums.

Welcome Austin, Im also a semi newbie and attended the last Bad *** REI meetup. Have you listened to any of the BP podcasts? They are great!

I attend the last badass investor meet up last week and had a great time. I have been avidly listening to the BP podcast and have been upping my reading. All of it has me really excited and I'm working on putting together a plan so I can focus my efforts in the right places. 

Thanks for the welcome and I hope I get to meet you guys at the next meeting as I am planning on attending them on the monthly basis.

Originally posted by @Austin Allan :

Hello BP community! 

Happy investing! 

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!

@Austin Allan lots of great advice from others so far. I'd recommend to also set up keyword alerts for Denver and surrounding areas. It's a great way to learn and start networking "virtually."

Are you getting your license to hunt your own deals or help people sell and buy and using the commissions to fund your own deals? 

@Austin Allan

Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site! Here are some recommendations for you:

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

@Adam M. @Chris Lopez Definitely have a day job still. I'm hoping to build some side income by selling some properties and being able to use that income to assist with a down payment on my own purchase. I hope to be able to make this my day job one day in the future. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you