Newbie from Metro Detroit, Michigan

9 Replies

Hi all!

Newbie here from Metro Detroit area. I'm also relatively new to Detroit, moving here in January of 2015 from Miami, Fl. By day I work at GM as a powertrain engineer, by night I like tinkering/racing cars, hanging with friends, and more recently snowboarding.

I'm still learning, but hoping to make my first move by February 2018. So far i've narrowed it down to single family houses and either wholesaling, flipping or renting them out depending on the deals I find. Looking forward to network and build connections with people in real estate!

Thanks for reading!

Originally posted by @Riccardo Gonzalez :

Hi all!

Newbie here from Metro Detroit area. I'm also relatively new to Detroit, moving here in January of 2015 from Miami, Fl. By day I work at GM as a powertrain engineer, by night I like tinkering/racing cars, hanging with friends, and more recently snowboarding.

I'm still learning, but hoping to make my first move by February 2018. So far i've narrowed it down to single family houses and either wholesaling, flipping or renting them out depending on the deals I find. Looking forward to network and build connections with people in real estate!

Thanks for reading!

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!

@Riccardo Gonzalez Welcome to Bigger Pockets and Detroit. I am also a newbie investor from White Lake. My wife and I have been searching in West Bloomfield, Waterford and Pontiac but haven't found the right deal yet. They have nice properties that come up still just have to jump on them quick.  Best of luck to you!

Hello ! Keep learning, networking, and then don't forget the action!

I'm also at GM at the Tech Center.  I started investing via flipping in 2016.  I just posted a blog entry sharing my story about how I did my first flip in 2016 and how I upped my business to 4 flips this year!  I love it.  There are several local investor groups.  You can search and join them. They have onsite meetings at various locations, podcasts. 

Of course the bigger pockets podcast is great! But for local flavor, check out Jeremy Burgess and the Renegade Detroit Investor group.  There is a podcast and FB group.  

Also, another seasoned investor, which I have not had the pleasure to meet yet, but have listened to and read his blogs on this platform intently, is @Jeff Rabinowitz

There are many!  Good luck exploring and welcome to the game. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you