Hopeful new flipper from Broken Arrow, OK

4 Replies

Hi All! 

I'm a newbie from Oklahoma. I am interested in plugging into the network both locally and in other markets. I'm hoping to flip my first house soon. There's so much to learn isn't there!? My background is in interior design. Looking forward to creating some freedom and flexibility by combining multiple streams of income. 

Hi Stephanie!

Welcome to the forums. Getting started in flipping is a great way to earn some additional capital, and it's also a great learning experience. There are multiple podcast episodes about flipping, but two that I would recommend listening to right off the bat are episode 209 and episode 235. There's also two books published by BiggerPockets that are great for the beginner "flipper." They are "The Book on Flipping Houses" and "The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs" by J Scott. We used these books to map out our first flip and estimate our rehab costs. They have been extremely beneficial. Your background in interior design will definitely help you finish out your homes to sell quickly.

Best of luck!

Hi Preston! Thank you for the encouragement! I'm about halfway through The Book on Flipping Houses. It has been very informative! Every podcast I have listened to has been great! I'll check those out that you recommended. Hopefully our paths will cross. It's a small world in T-town! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you