Hello from Madison, WI!

5 Replies

Hi BiggerPockets! My name is Nick and I'm an aspiring investor from Madison, WI.  My wife and I bought our first starter home here a couple of years ago. I work more than full time in construction and do a lot of traveling for my job.  I am very new to BP and to real estate investing in general, but I know that this is the route to my financial goals.  I have began reading and listening to the podcasts, and the more I learn the more excited I get to begin investing! I'm interested in buy and hold rentals, not only in Madison but other areas in Wisconsin as well.  I look forward to meeting new people and being involved in the BP community!

Hi @Nicholas Rice ,

Welcome to BP. I'm in the Madison area as well (Verona). A construction background will definitely help you in the real estate business. Madison is a tough market to find great deals lately. However, they are out there occasionally if you look hard enough and if you go a little further out of town. Also, I think its going to be a great market for the long term. Best of luck. Feel free to reach out if you need any help in the local market. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you