New Investor In Lawrencville, GA (Metro Atlanta)

9 Replies

Hello Everyone, my name is Austin Burrous. I am brand new to BiggerPockets, and I have already learned so much from this community. Thank you! 

Three week's ago I read a book called "Rich Dad Poor Dad" and  realized I have been doing this money thing all wrong. I previously had a rental home that I purchased while in the Army. After separating from the service and moving back home, I rented it out for about 7 years. It was a positive experience, and I made some money. Wanting to look into real estate investing again, I found "The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and low) Money Down" by Brandon Turner. That book lead me here, thank goodness. 

My goals are to use real estate rental properties to pay for retirement. I would like to own $1,000,000 in properties, free and clear, generating passive income by the time I am 60 years old. I would also like to invest in fix and flip houses to generate additional yearly income. 

Again, I've already learned so much from this community, thanks!

Welcome @Austin Burrous

I'm new as well from nearby Tucker, GA and have found this site to be incredibly useful. Also, I attended the Monthly Northern Atlanta Real Estate Meet-Up/Mastermind for the first time last week and highly recommend attending those to network with other Real Estate investors.

@Austin Burrous,

Welcome to Bigger Pockets. I suggest that you join a local real estate investors association. I recommend www.GAREIA.com. They offer great networking and training. Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance. 

Regards, 

Bill Hampton 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you