New licensed investor hungry to help/learn W suburbs of Chicago

9 Replies

Hello all, 

I learned about bigger pockets thanks to Brandon Turner's book on rental investing which I got as a gift. I've been working on listening to every podcast and reading as many articles as I can. I'd love to get my foot in the door of this awesome investing world by offering to help anyway I can. I've had my license since 2016 so I know how to work the MLS. Whether that be going out and viewing property, buying you lunch, or talking about how I can help by bird dogging please feel free to connect!

I was a little nervous as to how to go about starting and I won't let analysis paralysis stop me anymore! I'm willing to put the time and effort in to learn how to be a valuable asset in helping any investor with their vision. My goal is that by helping you I get the opportunity to network with great people. 

I live in Wheaton and would love to meet someone in the DuPage county area, but as willing to help and learn anywhere around here too!

Also if anyone has a good suggestion for investor clubs for newbies like myself that be much appreciated. 

Thank you for your time and let me know if there's anything I can do to help! 

Thank you for replying guys, Nickie thanks for saying "hi!" 

Rick That sounds awesome man that's exactly where I want to be in a year (working on my multifamily) even though they are really few and far between right now. Best of luck with everything!

@Joseph Moore Welcome! Check out the events page here on BP to find local meetups. Also, when reaching out to investors to help them, know your skill set(s) and be able to explain how you could help them, they'll appreciate that you took time to think about how you could help them.

Come out to CAREIA.org (Chicago Area Real Estate Investor's Association).  We meet monthly in Lisle, Downers Grove, and Lombard.

Or there's a DuPage County RE Investors Networking group that meet's at Emmitt's in Downers Grove once a month.

Check meetup.com for details on those.  I work a lot in DuPage county and a majority of the people that attend those meetings invest there too.

Suggest to work through realtors with similar interest and having deep pocket. DuPage County =affluence. I will not waste my time with people who can not prove their bank statement. All talk... no one has money. All investors I ask them for credit rpt, funds and their proven track record. A hard money letter is not going to cut the mustard. They also need to provide their own funds.

This is all great advice everyone thank you!

Scot I especially appreciate the recommendations for the different groups and I definitely plan on attending the next meeting in Lisle Feb 12th! I hope to get the chance to meet you. 

@Joseph Moore Welcome to BP & REI! This is a meetup we always like to go to and we are fellow new investors as well...working on our first flip in Edgewater.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/531692-chicago-investors-meetup 

Welcome to BP. We started a little group in Joliet. No pitching. About 10-12 people getting together in a restaurant just to talk real estate and network with like minded people. Little out of your way. But I live in melrose and invest in Joliet. I’ll send u the details if ur interested.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here