New Member from Durango, CO

16 Replies

Hello BP People! My name is Tyler and I am living down in good old Durango, Colorado with my lovely girlfriend and our dogs. We bought our first home last May and have recently started remodeling the place to bring it up to date. The floral wallpaper just wasn't my style...we are planning on putting this home on the rental market this summer and moving on to the next adventure from there. I am currently working in the pest control industry and my territory involves a lot of vacation homes, which has allowed me to see into certain realms of real estate and how different property managers run their operations. 

@Tyler Till

Welome to BP Tyler! Congratulation on your home purchase, BP is definitely the place to be for anything Real Estate related. Get active in the forums and you will learn and meet people that will only enrich your investing career. 

Best of luck.

Thanks everybody, I’ve started skimming through contacts in areas I’m interested in for future investments. Currently focusing on debt knockdown (consumer and small student loans) and the home remodel. Then going to investment savings from there out. 

@Tyler Till set up some keyword alerts for your area. There are a couple of other folks from your area. You should all get together and encourage each other. You can find them by searching for your zip code. Happy Investing.

Hi Tyler,

I'm in Durango too. However I invest in Albuquerque, where i own several multi family properties.

There is a meetup group here that you can join if interested, or reach out to me if you want to chat?

Jens

@Mark Hughes I am aware of the crazy prices in Durango. We bought our place May '17 for 245k. Remodeling it currently and then planning to put it up for rent in the 1900-2100/mo range. If things get messy or renting just doesn't work out over that first lease term I don't think there will be an issue selling the home for 280-299k. As there are very few homes under 300k and if any do come up for sale they do not last long. 

@Tyler Till

Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site! Here are some recommendations for you:

Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you