Paul Luetchford
  • Oakland, CA
Votes |
Bay area, CA investor looking to invest OOS in Indianapolis

Paul Luetchford
  • Oakland, CA
Posted Apr 18 2018, 18:54

Hello BP!

I joined the site back in February and have been on a swift ramp up educating myself on all things RE, reading a number of BP books (and their recommendations) and rolling through the first 80 BP podcasts to date.

I'm a full time tech executive in the bay area, CA looking into OOS opportunities to build a RE portfolio (British expat permanently moved to the US in 2014). I have been researching various markets and have finally chosen Indianapolis due to it being landlord friendly, good job growth, low unemployment including a flourishing tech scene. And of course properties can still cash flow nicely if you can find good deals.

I am looking to partner with someone local to the Indianapolis area with serious ambitions to build a Multifamily RE portfolio. 

The question I would love someones input on. What would be the best approach in finding a partner and should I look for any particular credentials?

Obviously I need to sell myself as well and show them what value I can bring to the table. But as I am looking for someone OOS attending local REIAs may not be the right answer. I know reaching out to people directly on BP, searching forums etc would be a clear approach which I intend to do.  Just wondering if there are any other approaches or areas on the BP site that I may not be aware of.

Any feedback welcome and looking forward to networking with as many of you as possible!

Paul

Loading replies...