New here on the site and to real estate

New here on the site and to real estate

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
Hi, as the title suggest I am new. I have read and read and read but have not actually jumped to make a deal. In far to many ways I feel as though I am not remotely knowledgeable enough to start. That and my low credit score and the inability to gather enough money. And while yes I have seen it a million times that I can become an investor with out either of those, I have read elsewhere where that is a contradiction. I have always dreamed of owning rental units to have a passive income. And this is still my main goal, short from that I wouldn't mind wholesaling or flipping. Oh and I am here in San Antonio, nice to meet all you!
0Reply
6 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
8y

The big question is how bad do you want this. As a grown up you have to make serious life decisions everyday. This should be one of the biggest. You either have to cut back on expenses or increase your income. By doing one or both of those you will increase your cash in hand. I hate to say it, but SACRIFICE should be a key word in your life to get to increased income and decreased expenses.

Look up driving for dollars. Do some reading on direct mail marketing. Those both go hand in hand and will help you create some income. Go to some free REIAs in the area to see what others are doing.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 911 votes
    8y

    Nice to meet you. Do you have cash available to begin wholesaling or flipping?

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Currently I don't have any, hence part of my biggest problem.
  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    The big question is how bad do you want this. As a grown up you have to make serious life decisions everyday. This should be one of the biggest. You either have to cut back on expenses or increase your income. By doing one or both of those you will increase your cash in hand. I hate to say it, but SACRIFICE should be a key word in your life to get to increased income and decreased expenses.

    Look up driving for dollars. Do some reading on direct mail marketing. Those both go hand in hand and will help you create some income. Go to some free REIAs in the area to see what others are doing.

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2013 · 213 posts · 182 votes
    8y
    Joe Ross I started in real estate investing just like where you are now. I have built a very successful business since then. The reason I share this is because it is possible. That being said it was NOT easy by any means. I had to work really hard and like Rick Pozos said sacrificed a lot. Don’t focus on what you’re lacking. Focus on what you do have or can do and double down on that. If need further help feel free to reach out. I’m not a BS coach or mentor, I have been where you are.
  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    @Rick Pozos I want it very bad, and I will get it. For the most part I been procrastinating due to those circumstances mentioned above. Unfortunately with my situation there isnt anything for me to cut back on. However I do plan on increasing my cash flow where I can do something. I am always looking for a way to make a quick buck. I have skills with Computers and Networking, I am a 3D Artist/Animator, I have also have the tools and experience to do a lot of Handyman duties. Mostly Trim Carpentry focusing on doors and cabinets. Nothing is easy, and nothing really good is ever easy, these are fundamentals I have learned over the years, and will be applying. I have read some on Driving for Dollars, and plan on learning more of the subject as well as the direct mail marketing. Thank you.

    @Jonatan Barbera Thank you for that enlightenment, really means a lot. More than likely I will be reaching out to you when I have more specific questions. Thank you

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Joe Ross:
    Hi, as the title suggest I am new. I have read and read and read but have not actually jumped to make a deal. In far to many ways I feel as though I am not remotely knowledgeable enough to start. That and my low credit score and the inability to gather enough money. And while yes I have seen it a million times that I can become an investor with out either of those, I have read elsewhere where that is a contradiction.

    I have always dreamed of owning rental units to have a passive income. And this is still my main goal, short from that I wouldn't mind wholesaling or flipping.

    Oh and I am here in San Antonio, nice to meet all you!

     Good to meet you Joe. 

    As I try and stay within BPs TOU I would  love to say that I will help you.  FREE. 

    If I could let’s get you into a coaching program and let’s donate to your prosperity by also donating some marketing.  

    BP is a community of people who help people. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.