New investor from Fairbanks, AK

6 Replies

Hello all, I'm a new investor looking to do out of state investing.  Although I haven't decided on a location, it seems most natural to do it in Fairbanks, AK, where I am from and know people that can help out to some degree.

I am looking to do single family or small multi-family buy-and-hold properties.  My first step will be to find a Core Four team in Fairbanks and analyze a bunch of properties there, so any advice on those steps will be much appreciated.  I'm currently scraping the BP forums and articles for all of the information currently out there.

I look forward to being part of the BP community!

Hi Ken! Welcome to BP! My husband and I are interested in SFR and small MFR near North Pole and Fairbanks in anticipation of the F-35 beddown and housing demand. Let me know if you want to chat sometime. Having a local investment partner in Fairbanks would be a good fit.

Hi Ken,

Keep reading!  There is so much info on this site.  I live in Alaska, but started investing in my home town in Indiana, so I know some of the trials you are going through.

Judy Murphy

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you