Newbie From Hamilton New Zealand

3 Replies

Hi BP,

I am Paul, a 30 year old Civil Engineer and aspiring Real Estate Investor from Hamilton New Zealand. I have been searching for ways to invest to provide a future for myself and my wife that does not constantly rely on us trading time for money.

Before I started to research Real Estate Investing, I had already managed to creatively buy our first home and then effectively house hack without realising this was a form of Real Estate Investing.

We did all our own renovations, which was also a great learning curve for me. We have since sold our house and are renting now.

I have done a lot of research but would like to meet up with other investors and talk real estate. I would love to help contribute value from my own experience as well as learn from others.

My particular interests are in the buy and hold strategy of single and multi-family real estate that generate positive cash flow. 

Without knowing your situation and self discipline @Paul Osborne , can I urge you to buy another house.  You don't want to be out of the NZ market, especially Auckland or Hamilton.  It will just be costing you money for nothing.  Waikato has a good PIA you should get along to a meeting. They are really good people down there.

@Paul Osborne contact my friend Dan Edgecombe from Property Ventures.

he is knowledgeable investor and property manager based in Hamilton. 

Just google his name, feel free to mention that i refer you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you