Considering investing in the Cleveland Area

5 Replies

Hi everyone, 

I'm relatively new to BiggerPockets and am seriously considering expanding my real estate investing into some SFH in the Cleveland area. I would love any insight into the area as well as any local contacts if anyone has any recommendations. Many thanks!

I have a package of 4 single family homes in Maple Hts Ohio.  All rented and rehabed in the last few years.  I can send you more detailed info if you like.  I own the properties and live in the area.  

Originally posted by @Jeffrey Breece :

Hi everyone, 

I'm relatively new to BiggerPockets and am seriously considering expanding my real estate investing into some SFH in the Cleveland area. I would love any insight into the area as well as any local contacts if anyone has any recommendations. Many thanks!

Welcome to the site Jeffrey.

When looking at the Cleveland market I see a ton of investors get totally shocked by the bottom dollar prices you can find in some of the rougher neighborhoods of Cleveland. Those may not always be the smartest investments for every investor. As such I created The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods for investors to really get a grasp at why some neighborhoods are some much cheaper than others. You'll definitely wanna give that a read.

Originally posted by @Jeffrey Breece :

Hi everyone, 

Cleveland is a great are to invest! There are plenty of SFRs to get. Just make sure you invest in the more stable areas, you don't want to buy something in East Cleveland! Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you