New Member - San Marcos CA

11 Replies

Hi Everyone, My name is Mike Alves, and I’m located in San Marcos Ca (North San Diego County). My wife and I are both engineers in the Biotechnology industry and we have 2 little girls (5 yrs/ 9 mo). We currently own a 4 -Unit in Hawaiian Gardens CA (purchased 2015) and a 6 - Unit in Long Beach CA (purchased 2017). We have had great success with these two buildings and are fortunate enough to have my mother as our property manager (25 yrs in the biz). Our goal is to get out of the corporate “rat race” and live off of passive income, while enjoying time with our family. We are gearing up for another investment, looking to be aggressive enough to get into full time real-estate investing within the next 3 yrs; interested in local or out of state investments. Pleasure to meet everyone! -Mike

Thank you for the introduction and kudos to you and your real estate partner. Wonderful to have your mom on your back pocket. This site is choked full of relative real estate content and the best for networking too.

Hi Paisley,

Nice to meet you.

We are looking for multiple family buildings that have some room for improvement. Would consider a flip, but am more focused on properties we can hold onto for a while.

Hi Andrew,

Sounds great. We are in the San Elijo neighborhood, just down the round from the university. I’m in the process of getting some colleagues from work together for a discussion on the topic, I can extend the invite once I have things locked up.

-Mike

Hi hi everybody my name is Ayanda Sikhosana and I am from Pretoria in South Africa I am looking to invest in Property overseas. I would like to find out what are the minimum requirements for a foreigner to apply for and own property overseas. do the same lessons that we have learnt on the biggest pockets podcast still apply to foreigners lessons such as the no money or low money down deals if so how can we apply for such as I would like to know the goals I should work towards. I am particularly interested in doing and receiving a rental income from overseas property deals thank you.

Originally posted by @Mike Alves :
Hi Everyone,

My name is Mike Alves, and I’m located in San Marcos Ca (North San Diego County). My wife and I are both engineers in the Biotechnology industry and we have 2 little girls (5 yrs/ 9 mo).

We currently own a 4 -Unit in Hawaiian Gardens CA (purchased 2015) and a 6 - Unit in Long Beach CA (purchased 2017). We have had great success with these two buildings and are fortunate enough to have my mother as our property manager (25 yrs in the biz).

Our goal is to get out of the corporate “rat race” and live off of passive income, while enjoying time with our family.

We are gearing up for another investment, looking to be aggressive enough to get into full time real-estate investing within the next 3 yrs; interested in local or out of state investments.

Pleasure to meet everyone!

-Mike

Welcome to the site Mike.

Hi Mike and welcome to BP. I think buy and hold is the best route to long-term financial freedom. We have a great rental loan program that might interest you. Send me a PM if you're interested and would like to get more details about it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you