How can a Newbie Investor provide value to a Seasoned Investor?

8 Replies

Hello, everyone! 

I am 24 years old and aspire to be a professional real estate investor in my area. My questions is: How can I provide value and actually help a seasoned real estate investor as a 24 year old who knows very little about the business? How can I help him be more successful and learn from him along the way? If you are a seasoned investor, what would you like for a newbie, potential partner do for you? 

@Francisco Rodriguez We all are gifted with some  kind of uniqueness. You have to find out what is your strength. We all need help from each other. You learn something and teach something.

Hi Francisco, I'm in the same boat as you are. I listened to a podcast interview once where they talked about getting started in real estate by basically finding deals for the seasoned investor. They would do the research to find good deals in the area and present it to the investor. This allowed them to network with investors and begin learning. Maybe that could be an option?

Originally posted by @Justin Wotton :

Hi Francisco, I'm in the same boat as you are. I listened to a podcast interview once where they talked about getting started in real estate by basically finding deals for the seasoned investor. They would do the research to find good deals in the area and present it to the investor. This allowed them to network with investors and begin learning. Maybe that could be an option?

Hey Justin, I appreciate your response. This sound like a good approach. Have you had the opportunity to start implementing it? 

Originally posted by @Harjeet Bhatti :

@Francisco Rodriguez We all are gifted with some  kind of uniqueness. You have to find out what is your strength. We all need help from each other. You learn something and teach something.

Thank you for your smart and thoughtful advice, Harjeet. I will study myself in hopes of learning the strengths I bring to the table in order to provide value to investors. Any advice on what type of values they would appreciate? 

@Francisco Rodriguez well I’m about your age and essentially 2 years into my real estate investing journey (if you include the 1 year of learning in there too).

It depends what type of real estate their in. You can help them with lead generation, simple tasks like cleaning a vacant unit or flip. Maybe help with open houses.

At the very least buy them lunch or coffee etc. depending how new you are I’d probably recommend reading on BP a lot first. Much easier and it’s free

Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth :

Francisco Rodriguez well I’m about your age and essentially 2 years into my real estate investing journey (if you include the 1 year of learning in there too).

It depends what type of real estate their in. You can help them with lead generation, simple tasks like cleaning a vacant unit or flip. Maybe help with open houses.

At the very least buy them lunch or coffee etc. depending how new you are I’d probably recommend reading on BP a lot first. Much easier and it’s free

Hey Caleb, I appreciate the advice. I like the idea of helping with lead generation, cleaning, or open houses. Is this how you started getting into the business? 

@Francisco Rodriguez no I just went out and did it myself. I don't have any formal REI mentors. If anything I'm now mentoring some folks on out of state investing.

I’m a apart of some groups with people I can spring ideas off of and that helps to.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you