Santa Maria, California New Investor

7 Replies

Hello everyone!

My name is Greg and I live in sunny Santa Maria on the central coast of California. I was introduced to the world of real estate investing after my wife began listening to the Bigger Pockets Podcast.

We are in it for the long game and are so new to the real estate world that we are not positive what our strategy will be. We plan to house hack initially and continue to build our portfolio with buy and hold rentals. We have had success with AirBNB and plan on utilizing it again in combination in a house hack with a single family home. We want to try many different strategies and see what works best for us. 

Really excited to be on the site and can't wait to see what happens next!

- Greg Acosta

Good morning Greg and welcome to BP! I live in Santa Maria as well. My wife and I invest in a number if different markets and investment types. Would love to find out more about your experience and goals.

Cheers!

Eric

Good morning to you, @Eric Black . Right now, we have no deals under our belt. We have some experience with AirBNB, which we would like to utilize again in our first sfh. We are looking to find that home in the next few months. Later in the game, we would like to try our hand at other investing strategies but are focusing on sfh to buy and hold. How long have you been investing?

Sounds like a good plan. I bought my first rental in 2004 but my wife and I really got serious in 2009. We just closed on our 10th SFR last week.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you