How do you purchase a property through your Business

2 Replies

Newbie here - was wondering after I find an investment property should I get a business LLC and buy the investment through the business? I Keep reading about the possibility of the loan being due if you attempt to transfer the mortgage deed from your personal into the business. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Most people (me included) feel that purchasing your first couple properties under your own name is easier and cheaper than in an LLC. A good umbrella policy for $1-2M should cover you if anything bad happens.

When you try to get financing as an LLC, first, it will be hard to get a bank to finance a new company. Second, you’ll pay a higher rate with a shorter payoff.

I’d forgo the LLC to start with. After you have a few properties under your belt, then start looking at asset protection.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you