New Investor in Tuscaloosa, Alabama and Cincinnati, Ohio

9 Replies

Hi BP,

I am a 19 year old from Dayton/Cincinnati, Ohio starting my sophomore year of college at the University of Alabama this fall. I love solving problems and finding ways to do more (and better) work, using less time and effort. Those traits led me to study Electrical Engineering, and they are also how I learned about Real Estate Investing. The niches that get me excited are SFR's and small multifamily rentals.

I am hoping to meet some investors in either the Tuscaloosa or Dayton/Cincinnati areas that would be interested in connecting some time! Happy investing!

RTR, Engineering class of 1998.  I don't own anything in T-town, but I am looking.  It would be convenient for me to check on my property (especially on Saturdays in the Fall).

I am living in the New Orleans area now, but have spread via turn key into a few different areas, just haven't found the right deal i Tuscaloosa yet.

Roll Tide fellas! And good luck with both of your searches in Title Town. Seems after the storm all of the big money bought everything up. But It’s absolutely a beautiful place now.

Hey everyone, I'm an Alabama native myself, and love the idea of owning multi-family property in a place like Tuscaloosa. I'm browsing properties online for a few different central Alabama locations, but I dont think I'm gonna be able to find a true  deal until I'm back home in person this fall. Does anyone have any personal experience dealing with the college kids in this area, good bad or ugly?

@Andrew Sucato hello there and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Bigger Pockets is a great place to start for real estate investing, and it is the place to get deals done the right way!

Congratulations, Andrew, and I wish you nothing but success both in college and after you're done with college.

@Richard Henry in Tuscaloosa right now I am specifically looking at SFR, living in one room and renting out the others to my friends (can also be done in a multifamily, but SFR seems more available and reasonably priced in Tuscaloosa). Right next to campus would be great but I wouldn't mind being a mile or two away either.

@Andrew Sucato   I live/work in Tuscaloosa. Feel free to message me directly about this but @Richard Henry is right about the stuff close to campus. You can find SFR's that might work for what you're wanting to do. The small mult-family stuff is going to be really expensive and much harder to come by. Let me know if you want to get coffee or something...happy to be a resource.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you