Quick Q. Can closing costs be implemented into a loan?

1 Reply

I need to know if I can implement my closing costs in with a loan. Is this even practical? Im new to real estate, getting closer to my savings goal for a property, and I want to know if I actually need a completely separate stack of cash for closing costs. It would be an FHA loan, orbiting a figure of 160k with 30 year payment. I would be looking around a 5.6k down payment. Is that all I have to worry about, or do I need to be cautious of a completely separate payment for closing costs? I need practical numbers here! I do not want to reach my goal and realize I need another 5k for closing costs.

Depends on the lender. Some lenders may offer to cover closing costs in return for a higher interest rate. Or you can ask the seller to pay the closing costs. Best to speak with lenders and see what they offer as each will have their own loan programs.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you