Newbie from Provo, Utah

7 Replies

My name is Nate Allan originally from American Fork, UT and Centennial, CO, but currently living in Provo, UT. I work as an Assistant Director of Operations for a Software company. I have a real knack for numbers and analyzing data. I'd like to build a real estate portfolio to the point that supports financial freedom in the next 8 years or so, through rental properties. I plan to build up some capital mostly through fix and flips to the point where I can put 20% down on rental properties and even BRRRR some small multi-family properties down the road.

I found BiggerPockets when I googled a guru I was introduced to back in September of 2017. Since then I have continued to read posts and finally decided to become a member a little while ago. I love the information here and love the community I can be a part of here. I'm looking forward to building a network here with people all over the country and getting started as a Real Estate Investor!

@Nathan Allan hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

It seems like a simple thing, but reaching out in BiggerPockets about getting started as a real estate investor is a great first step.

Congratulations, Nathan, and I wish you a ton of success in your real estate investing career!

Welcome Nathan!

REI is a great thing and being in Utah is a bonus because there are a bunch of people to learn from in this area that have been in the game for many years. Although the market is very hot and competitive right now (which can make things more difficult for new investors) Utah is still a great place to invest because we'll continue to see appreciation with all the growth in new businesses.

When it comes time for you to buy your first property I'd recommend that you don't over leverage yourself and have at least 6 month of reserves for a rainy day. Also, start looking at properties now by having agents send you e-alerts. Analyzing deals now as if you're going to buy now will make you feel comfortable and confident in moving forward when the time is right for you.

I'm at RE/MAX Equity on Center St. here in Provo so don't hesitate to pay us a visit if you ever have a question about investing. Best of luck! 

Whats up Nathan! Fellow newbie looking to invest with someone in Provo with boots on the ground. Currently analyzing a few duplex deals for myself and a few partners here in California. Hit me up anytime I'd love to learn more about that market. 

Originally posted by @Nathan Allan :

My name is Nate Allan originally from American Fork, UT and Centennial, CO, but currently living in Provo, UT. I work as an Assistant Director of Operations for a Software company. I have a real knack for numbers and analyzing data. I'd like to build a real estate portfolio to the point that supports financial freedom in the next 8 years or so, through rental properties. I plan to build up some capital mostly through fix and flips to the point where I can put 20% down on rental properties and even BRRRR some small multi-family properties down the road.

I found BiggerPockets when I googled a guru I was introduced to back in September of 2017. Since then I have continued to read posts and finally decided to become a member a little while ago. I love the information here and love the community I can be a part of here. I'm looking forward to building a network here with people all over the country and getting started as a Real Estate Investor!

Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you