New Investor in Atlanta, Georgia

8 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets. I am a investor based out in Powder Springs, GA and I  am looking for investment properties in the Atlanta area to fix and flip and buy and hold. If you are an investor in the Atlanta area don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any properties or if you have any strategies for finding deeply discounted properties in the area. 

Thanks,

Melvin

@Melvin Hazelton hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

You just took a big step towards starting off in real estate investment.

Bigger Pockets is a great place for networking and getting deals done.

It's one step for real estate investing, the other step is for great success! There's a wealth of information tucked inside podcasts, articles, blogs, and the forums. You can even network with other investors on here and get your deals done the correct way.

Happy to help further. Feel free to PM me at your convenience.

Once again, welcome and I wish you the best, Melvin, in your real estate investing career!

@Melvin Hazelton Welcome to BP! I'm an investor in the Metro Atlanta area and the best way of finding deeply discounted properties is through networking with local investors/agents/brokers and driving around and mailing/speaking with motivated sellers. The timeline for this all depends on your drive and work ethic to make it happen because nobody will give you anything in this business. You are in the right place with unlimited resources so make good use of them. Best of luck and let me know if you need any help analyzing any SFR's or the larger commercial apartment deals!

@Melvin Hazelton If you want to be proactive in finding off-market deals, I'd suggest that you look at direct mail campaigns. You should work with a list broker to find some alternative lists as the Atlanta area is pretty hot and it's likely that most absentee owners are getting a lot of offers from a lot of other investors.

Welcome, Melvin. I wish you the best of luck (preparation meeting opportunity).  You may want to consider online auction properties depending on your wilingness to pursue that process. 

@Melvin Hazelton hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

The road map for real estate investing success can be found at Bigger Pockets!

Connect with experienced investors and get deals done correctly on Bigger Pockets.

Congratulations, Melvin, you came to the right place. I wish you success.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you