Looking for someone guidance for my first investment!

2 Replies

Brand new to BP and real estate investing though I have been doing a lot of learning. Have a good amount of money saved up and wanted to use it towards real estate(multi-family). I play professional basketball in Europe and I am only home for the summers. I live in the bay area when I'm home. Any advice or contacts help! Thanks!

Look for a local RE network meetup. Facebook might have something. 

Im still a newbie, but im in the process of buying my second home (duplex) now. Ive met most of my contacts by actually going out there and buying. I took the plunge last year and ive slowly been building my network. 

Youre obviously a good basketball player, you went out and did the work. Same applies to this. 

Hello and welcome Angelo!  Probably the bast thing for you is to purchase apartment complexes and have the daily operation done by a good and experienced Property Management Company.  Whatever rules feel good to you are the ones to use and make sure the PMC understands them.  Have them sending you financial reports regularly so you can review them and tell them about any changes they should make.  Having at least 30 units will allow you to pay out of your apartment budget for the PMC.  While you are overseas your American business can still be run by those people and will contribute to your income.  Good luck to you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you