Jeremy Beaumier
  • Ottawa ON
Votes |
Newbie from Ottawa... Canada eh!

Jeremy Beaumier
  • Ottawa ON
Posted Jun 21 2018, 12:59

Hey everyone,

My name's Jeremy, I'm located up in Ottawa Ontario Canada, and am just looking to get started with a rental property. I'm a little late to the game compared to many of you at 42yo. I'm a government consultant, focusing mostly on IT projects. I have a suburban house, am very handy when it comes to renovations, and am looking to establish some financial freedom in time for my retirement. So basically, I've got 18 years to get free. But lets be honest, I'd like to do it in 13.

I saw a youtube video with Robert Kiyosaki a little while back that really hit home for me, so I picked up his book Rich Dad, Poor Dad and was surprised that this basic knowledge was completely new for me. Seriously, this should be taught in school. Since then I've been scouring for more info, youtube is a great resource, and it's how I found BiggerPockets.

One major problem with all the info out there: it's mostly geared towards the United States, and Canada is a bit more challenging where financing and real estate regulations are concerned. I'm hoping to meet some other Canadians who've navigated these waters and have some advice, I'm also hoping to provide feedback too, as my learning and experience increases.

Anyway, hit me up!

Loading replies...