FNG from Nappanee, IN

2 Replies

Hello BP world...My name is Phillip Witt and I am living among the Amish in a small town of 7000 in northern Indiana named Nappanee. I am currently employed as a Systems/Security Engineer at a large regional bank in our area. I have thought of getting into real estate investing quite a few times throughout my life, bought into a couple of late night infomercials :( but it never caught because I just couldn't get the why's behind whatever it was they were telling me to do. This time I have taken a different course by starting with some googling which led me to a local REIA group as well as this site. I joined BP yesterday and next week should be my first REIA-NCI meeting. I am interested in the fixing/flipping right now as my stepson owns his own construction business and through that I have lots of contacts in that industry in our area as well as some personal connections with real estate agents. I have also identified my first property I think...it comes with challenges...errr...ways to think creatively in its acquisition It is a "family" house in which my aunt owns but isnt able to keep up with. My goal is to move into buy and hold/rent as I can afford to do that and then eventually into maybe commercial/multi-family assets. So, Im glad to be here and look forward to chatting with/learning from the community as time goes on.

Phillip Witt

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you