New Investor Specifically Targeting Rental Property Investment!

8 Replies

Hi Bigger Pocket community! I have been listening to the Bigger Pocket podcast and been lurking in the background. I'm excited to connect with everyone here. I hope to bring some value and make some great connections and partnership. I'm currently in Wylie, TX and looking specifically into the Rental Property Investments in Dallas, Fort Worth, Wylie, Sachse, Rowlett, and other surrounding areas. 

Background is in Mechanical Engineer background where I have been working in the Oil &  Gas sector all my life. Thank you for having me and look forward to meeting you all.

Don

@Don Van Nguyen Welcome to the community. My wife is from Midland,TX so we also have lots of family and friends in the Oil and Gas sector. I wish you the best in your real estate investing future. 

Feel free to reach out if you wish to connect more. I started investing with a duplex and currently targeting larger multifamily real estate with our network of investors. 

Cheers! 

-Ellis

@Ellis Hammond thank you for the warm welcome and wishes! I have a long road ahead of me but ready for it. Duplex does sound like a great idea, however, I'm thinking to target small like a single family home then head to the duplex and multi duplex. Looking to get my feet wet a bit but definitely open to any ideas or possible opportunities!

@Thurman Schweitzer Fort Worth is a great option. I actually went and checked out a house today after work in Fort Worth. It was nestled in between the Lockheed Martin and close to the Samson Park. I was told to stay away from Samson park. Do you know of the revitalizing the Stockyards and what some of the possible developments going on? A realtor was telling me about it and thought it was interesting. 

For a first time investment stick to what is proven is my two cents, River Oakes, West Side of Ft Worth, near TCU all great options.  Samson Park and Stockyards will come around and be great areas, but I would be less inclined as a rookie investor, too many other good options to spend your money right now

Hi and welcome Don, I worked for Gardner Denver years ago designing Drawworks equipment. Brings back fond memories of the beginning of my Engineering career.
I’m a Rehabber and Wholesaler in Tarrant County, a great place to accumulate rental properties. Contact me and we’ll talk.
Thanks,
Duane

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you