Newbie from Baltimore, Maryland – Renovation Project Management

12 Replies

Hi, Bigger Pockets! My name is Lauren Van Slyke and I am from and currently working in Baltimore, Maryland. I am new to real estate and construction project management and I have experience in facilities management and a degree in Interior Design.

My personal goals in real estate are to own five income generating properties by the time I am 35. Ambitious, yes but I got this! Professionally I want to continue to develop my skills as a construction project manager.  I came to bigger pockets through friend and family recommendations and so far, so good.

Right now, 6/25/2018 I am looking for folks that do residential project management and would be interested in answering some newbie questions. Thanks in advance! 

@Lauren Van Slyke welcome to BP. You'll find a LOT of active members here from the Baltimore region.  There are also a lot of real estate investing groups in the area. Just ask your newbie questions here in the forums.  There are plenty of people here willing to help.

Originally posted by @Lauren Van Slyke :

Hi, Bigger Pockets! My name is Lauren Van Slyke and I am from and currently working in Baltimore, Maryland. I am new to real estate and construction project management and I have experience in facilities management and a degree in Interior Design.

My personal goals in real estate are to own five income generating properties by the time I am 35. Ambitious, yes but I got this! Professionally I want to continue to develop my skills as a construction project manager.  I came to bigger pockets through friend and family recommendations and so far, so good.

Right now, 6/25/2018 I am looking for folks that do residential project management and would be interested in answering some newbie questions. Thanks in advance! 

Hi Lauren,

Welcome to BP!!!

You have all tools, you should be very successful.

Good Luck!!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you