newbie from Havelock, North Carolina

8 Replies

Hello everyone! My name is Andre Pedro and I grew up in Portugal, came here in 2003, join the Marine Corps in 2013, got out in June and now I'm trying to find my place. All I know about real estate is all the videos posted on the BP facebook page I watch every day on my 2 hour commute to work one way. Currently I'm in construction but I have a job fair in July, also awaiting for a Pfizer position and just applied to own my own Amazon delivery company. My goal is to have rentals. I'm currently looking for my first home on the cheap side so I can use a conventional loan and then a VA loan for my next purchase. I joined BP because of my scribe in bootcamp ( weird story, you can message me if you're interested in knowing more). Anyway I plan on being here a lot reading and learning. If anyone that reads this in North Carolina is looking for someone to help them with a deal or just help in general, message me. I would love to invest or help any way possible so I can learn from someone. I might not know a lot but I am a very hard worker and a quick learner. Thank you for reading this !

Yes I went it was about 5 of us. It was a good meeting. Networking is meeting people in the industry and building trusting relationships with all facets or real estate. Lenders/agents/property managers/investors/contractors etc. 

@Andre Pedro welcome to BP! Thank you for your service!

I like to point new members in the direction of resources I've found helpful.

If you haven’t already listened to the podcasts I’d start there.

Podcasts

Episode 108 - Grant Cardone... Just listen…

Episode 283 Paul Thompson - Quite a new episode but I would think everyone would agree this is a top episode. Mainly, the systems implemented are fascinating (VA, automated offers, etc.) Plus...escape velocity...

Episode 113Jay Papasan - Very practical slow and steady advice

Episode 221 - Tim Shiner - his concept of equity build up and "shearing the sheep" shows some of the flexibility of real estate vs a 401k

Last but not least, I also recommend all the tax advice given by my fellow CPAs on the BP Podcast.

Amanda Han

Brandon Hall

Tax Reform Update – Brandon Hall and Amanda Han

Linda Weygant

Guides

Ultimate Beginners Guide

Forum Stickies

BP Calculators or spreadsheets uploaded by members

My Favorite Books

I have to say all of the BP books…right? :)

The Millionaire Next Door

The Millionaire Real Estate Investor

What Every Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow

Hope this information can give you a good start. Feel free to reach out with any questions. 

@Andre Pedro Whats up man! I'm in Havelock as well. You should start coming to the ECREIA meetings. They're a good way to connect with other investors and learn a thing or two. 

@Padric Lynch i would love to go but on the week days doesn't work for me. Right now I just have all the podcasts to guide me and I finished rich dad, poor dad so I am feeling a bit confident haha. I might be making an offer on a property that has a house and duplex on it this week so I'm very excited.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you