New Member - Crown Point, Indiana

9 Replies

My name is Trish and I am newbie looking to start investing in my home town of Crown Point, Indiana, specifically buy and hold single family homes or duplexes. I have been consuming anything I can get my hands on real estate related for the last 7 months and am ready to get off the sidelines!

I am currently a financial analyst and commute to Chicago daily – I don’t mind the work, but hate the commute (although I must say, this has facilitated consuming about 3 hours of real estate content daily!) I know real estate investing isn’t a sprint, but would eventually like to spend more of my time and energy on real estate vs. the 9-5 job (or in my case 6-6). End game is to allow me more freedom to choose how I spend my time and at the same time invest in my community. I look forward to learning from you all and hopefully giving back where I can!

HI @Trish Geyer . I used to work at the university of chicago and my commute from Munster was only 45 mins but that was a big reason why I left years ago. Biggerpockets is a great source to learn and network. Also, attend some of the local investor meet up groups. There's one in Merrillville and one in Highland. I go to both but am partial to the Highland one as they bring in some really good speakers. 

welcome @Trish Geyer . I commute into the city from Crown Point also. This is a good place to start, I've met a few people on here that have helped me out a lot. Also, as @Adrien S. had said, there are local groups I attend the Merrillville one. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you