New to BiggerPockets - Providence, New York, Miami

6 Replies

After listening to numerous podcasts I decided to take the initiative to also join the PB community and introduce myself. My name is Ruben Austin, a German born entrepreneur. I have been in the U.S. (New York City, Boston, Providence) for over 12 years, initially to play college football, yes you read right football not soccer, at Pace University with a major in Finance & Economics. After university I worked on Wall Street as a stockbroker, a consultant (optimizing the financial and business development structure) and I had a marketing/technology start up that I have sold successfully in 2017. Once I sold my company I worked briefly as the head of finance for a publicly owned cosmetic company and also as a sales executive for a seafood commodity trader. I split my time between New York, Providence and Miami. While owning my company I identified a housing need for the New York modeling industry to house international models for short term stays. I raised capital to create a model dormitory housing concept, which I have also sold along with my company in 2017. After contemplating and some soul searching I decided that real estate is where I want to be. (I assume having an analytical finance and fund raising background makes things easier) I look forward of being part of this ever growing community and cannot wait to get to know my BP network better. Sincerely, Ruben A. Austin

Warm welcome from FLA. Whenever you are down here, let's connect.

Welcome from PVD

Hi Ruben and welcome!

I moved to WPB a year ago and love it here. I retired from IT after 28 years and went full time into fix & flip starting in Orlando back in 2016. The market got too competitive up there so I moved to West Palm Beach in August 2017 and am very happy.

Welcome @Ruben Austin!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here