New to Real Estate Investing

4 Replies

Hello, 

I'm a newbie in real estate investing. My wife and I are looking to purchase our first property by the end of the year. Also, I’m in a small (8 member) real estate investment group since 2016. Our first two years, we raised capital within the group through dues. We are looking to purchase our first property this year as well. I’ve been reading and studying different strategies and I’m very open to learning more and connecting!

Victor, welcome to Bigger Pockets! There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained and connections to be made on the BP forums stay engage and continue learning. Stay focused on your goal and it will happen!

Hi Victor! Welcome!
I’d love to hear more about your group and how “dues” work. I’m interested in starting a similar group in our community - middle Tennessee (Gallatin). I’m a newbie as well and am preparing my intro!

I thought - why not jump right in ✌🏼👊🏼

Hi Ashely, 

We have quarterly payments that we make and yearly membership dues. It creates capital within the group. We have a formal treasurer who leads with handling the finances, which we can request at any time to see. Just make sure you do it with people that you can either "trust", are committed to the group for the long term, and would have a reputation to uphold, if that makes any sense. Let me know if I can help you with anything else! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you