New member introduction

6 Replies

Hello everyone, my name is Sergio Aguinaga. I am from Detroit, MI eager to get involved in investing buy & hold real estate for single family & small multi unit (2-4) properties. I actually just purchased my first property last month and will have it rented out soon.

I have a bachelor of science in Computer & Electrical Engineer. Some of my hobbies include playing soccer and video games. I was introduced to BiggerPockets by one of my college friends Nathan Daniel. 

I’ve been learning about real estate for about 3 months now. I’ve read most of “Rich Dad Poor Dad” and also halfway through “The book on Rental Property Investing” written by our very own Brandon Turner. I’ve also been listening to podcasts currently on show 11 (planning to listen to them all). 

I didn’t start getting my knowledge from BiggerPockets till about last month. I actually started listening to YouTube videos by MorrisInvest. Along the way, I listened to many other videos I’d find related to Real Estate. 

My goal, like many others is to gain financial freedom. So I’m hoping with the power of real estate and smart investing I’m able to achieve my goal within the next 10 years. Going by the book of Brandon, my strategy is more focused on working in the corporate world while investing.

I’m hoping to meet a lot of people here and hopefully people around the area. So feel free to post on here. Also, this is my second post and I just realized having a picture is important. Hence the magnificent question, can you change your profile picture on the app/mobile phone? 

Anyway, that’s enough about me for now. Let’s learn about you and how things are working out with real estate. 

Hey, thanks for posting. I thought there was an issue with my post because I hadn’t received any feedback on both my posts till yours just now. I guess people just aren’t finding my posts? Anyways, glad you found this and hope we both succeed on our goals.

Greetings and welcome to Bigger Pockets. Rich Dad, Poor Dad is an amazing book! It literally turned my world upside down and helped me to take action in my financial life. If you enjoy Rich Dad check out "The Millionaire Next Door" by Thomas J. Stanley. My wife and I are currently searching for our first investment property after about a year and a half of soaking up all the knowledge we can. It's been a challenging and exciting journey, but it's definitely made simpler and more enjoyable with a community such as BP. Feel free to hit me up anytime if you have any questions or would just like to chat! Cheers.

Hello Taylor, thanks for commenting. Rich dad Poor Dad is definitely a good book. It’s motivating and seems to be more like a blueprint of what to do to become successful in investing. I’ll take your word and read “the millionaire next door” sometime. I’m also just in the process of soaking in information but wanted to step right in and get a property and have that be a learning experience. I guess that can be good and bad. I’ll see how it goes first haha.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you