Little elm,Texas beginner

7 Replies

Reside in Little Elm, Purchased multiple homes ( owner Occ only ) looking too jump into y first property , learn from mentors , info , books , videos etc. hoping too meet locals open too sharing info with motivated Neg. Investor

Thanks for responding . I may have used wrong wording .. ( jump) what’s meant by jump is , I’m not intending on easing a foot in checking the water temp. I’m motivated & ready too learn, and dive in ( per due diligence ) .
Plans buy & hold .
I’m currently searching local area ( the colony Texas , little elm ) as well as my old home town.
Cheaper market ( Jacksonville Ar)

I am not sure how far along you are, but I would suggest you have a foundation to stand on. Forms, marketing strategy, title company, general idea of repair costs..are you going to look for properties yourself or have someone bring deals to you..i.e a wholesaler or do you have funds or access to funds to buy?

I’ll be honest Mr. devin.. I am a beginning beginner . I realize those entities are needed but didn’t realize upfront at this point prior too determine properties / locations / etc.
I’m searching for persons locally that may find some value in anything I can offer all along while I walk along side their deLs and learn.
Only thing I’ve done is used years putting myself financial in a decent position , credit wise in a fantastic position , the rest... I’m open & ready too learn . The things you’ve advised I’m hoping too learn in time from local persons generous with their time & knowledge .

You don't have to have those things in order to start. I am just saying if you send out your marketing and get a call from a seller, what would be your next move? When I send out marketing I get calls starting about 2 days later, that is not the time to look for a script, property info sheet, contract, etc. If you have it already you are in a better position to chat, then head over to the house maybe even with a contract in hand just in case...Have you found your local REIA? Great free information and contacts there.

Mr devin, you are 100% correct , stay prepared too keep from having too get prepared at a moment notice ,
It’s also good initiative in outsiders eyes looking upon me during dialog or possible opportunities
It’ll show the level of dedication I’m on . You are completly collect @devin

Hello! @Kyle Haskins

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent.

There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you