How many rental someone can in 12 months

7 Replies

Hello All, With 60k cash in hand how many rental properties (cash flow) someone can have in 12 months with very good credit history all that. -How many properties -How much cash flow Thanks, Amir

If you used that $60k as a 10% down-payment you could get a $600k property. Depending on the market you're looking in, that can buy you a small apartment complex. I'm incredibly biased, but that's what I would do.

The number of rentals is the wrong metric to concentrate on. It's perfectly possible for a guy with 2 properties to outperform the guy with 12. Instead, focus on the most optimal use of your money that fits within your comfort level.

Hi Amir, the 60k deposit is just the starting point. 

Once you know how to put deals together then you can help other people invest, use their deposits and still be involved in deals

So in summary as many deals as you can creatively put together

@Amir Khan Good question. You definitely do not want to force a deal just because you have a set "cashflow" you want to hit. I'd recommend using that as a 20-30% down payment if it's your first deal. 

I started with 50k and bought 3 rentals in Warren MI. Cash flow about $250 a month each or $750 total. It was 6 years ago but should be something out there now

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you