Johnna F.
  • Scranton, PA
Votes |
Rookie investing in the Scranton PA area! Advice/Tips appreciated

Johnna F.
  • Scranton, PA
Posted Jul 20 2018, 01:37

Hey everyone!

I've been browsing on here for awhile and figured it was time to start posting and networking with people. I'm looking to learn as much as I can. I've always wanted to invest in rental properties, but didn't think it was really attainable until recently.. or maybe I just didn't have the guts. I worked two jobs for awhile while I was a full time college student just to get my first property, which I'm living in and rehabbing.  (Btw, the local first time homebuyer program is a real pain in the a$$! But saved me about 10 grand). My plan is to build a little more equity in the home, get a home equity loan, and buy my first rental property. Then who knows! I'm living in a renovation and making lots of sacrifices to get where I want to be. 

I sleep, eat, and dream real estate. I'm loving all of the topics here on bp, getting addicted to RE podcasts, and soaking up all the info like a sponge! I'm also considering part time work as a real estate agent to earn some extra cash and learn all I can. 

I'll do whatever it takes to reach my goals :) 

Loading replies...