Soon to be licensed in CT. In search of guidance...

1 Reply

So as you already know from my profile I’m focusing on multi family as my investment vehicle to financial freedom. Credit is not great and funds are not there yet but hopefully going into 2019 I’ll be ready to purchase my first home through an FHA loan. Any advice on how to go about this in CT? Also I hope to be licensed in the next month.

Hey Harry! 

Congrats on getting started! I would say first thing to do is get your finances in order. I would save up enough for a down payment plus reserves. You don't want to get into your first multifamily with little to no money to handle any unforeseen expenses/maintenance. It's simply the wrong way to start off.

While you've got that going on, take the time to continue educating. If you purchase an investment property you're going to want to know whether your buying an asset or a liability. 

Networking is also a good idea. If your credit isn't great, take time to call around to banks and find out who you can work with and what they're minimum qualifications are. 

There's many ways to jump in, this is just my 2 cents on getting started. 

Good luck and welcome to the community!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you