User Stats

Votes
Roberto Melgar
Votes |
Young REI looking for advice on how to start up in the industry

Roberto Melgar
Posted Jul 28 2018, 09:21

Hello Everyone, 

I am a new member to Bigger Pockets and I just wanted to get some opinions on my current situation. So I am 19 years old and live in Kansas, but go to school in Missouri. I am currently a student in college and over this past summer I came to realize that I really want to start a business. I have done some research and came to the conclusion that I wanted to do real estate. Being as young as I am I have been having a lot of trouble trying to find resources I could use to jumpstart my business and start to gain experience. I currently work 2 jobs and was thinking of spending this next year building up a plan that I could then put into action next summer. I am also putting aside money which I then hope to use towards REI. I guess what I am asking for is advice on what someone of my age could do right now to start getting into the industry. I know with the lack of experience it there come many obstacles, but I was hoping to see what the more experienced community of Bigger Pockets had to say. I have considered investing in Clever Investor, but I just don't want to rush into anythig without hearing what others had to say. Thank you for your time!

Loading replies...