Colton Davis
  • Fort Collins, CO
Votes |
Hello & Appreciations - From Fort Collins, Colorado

Colton Davis
  • Fort Collins, CO
Posted Aug 2 2018, 15:56

Hello & Thank YOU!

My name is Colton Davis and I'm a Fort Collins native and aspiring real estate investor (and just an average joe trying to build wealth). I'm an avid listener of BP for about 6 months everyday. I'm also HUGE fan of the some of books that have come to light through BP as well - Miracle Morning, Rich Dad Poor Dad's, & Think and Grow Rich & all the other books we've heard through the podcast that I'm still in the works on.

I've come to BP after being in the stock market through various means over the past 6 years. I've decided to refocus my efforts into something that is more physical, hands on, and a potential future career for myself & family. I have no plans to leave my career anytime soon.

If there's anything I've learned it's to set goals (unreachable ones at that), be prepared & educated, and get started (which is by far the hardest part of this journey for me). So, with that being said, by 32 I'm looking to create enough cash flow through buy and hold (SFH & Multi) and potentially house hacking to be financially free (not retired). Being who I am i would not stop at that time in my life, but it's the goal I've set and stuck to. In the meantime, my short term goal is to own 2 properties (multi family, that meet the ~2% rule - more specifics to come) by the end of 2019.

I have a career (of 5 years) that allows me to move freely through out the US in typically larger cities and pays well.

In the recent times I've found that the CO market near me is insane. I'm definitely having some troubling times finding a property that meets the fundamental "rules" that help ween out some weaker properties. I did however finally take the first step and contact a great connection & agent who's in the midst of helping me find the first property.

A big part of this post is to express my gratitude to all the consistent posters, hosts (Josh and Brandon), and all the amazing guests that have devoted their time to create such a supportive community and have been so unbelievably inspiring and knowledgeable. It's made a big impact on my life and I look forward to being able to provide the same inspiration and knowledge for the future generations / community.

I'm excited to finally hop in (both in the forums and into the market) and even more excited to meet you all in the near future.

Gratefully,

Colton Davis

Loading replies...